|Allods Online logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I hate item shops, but that's how they keep the game going, so I understand and have spent my fair share on it. I just wish they wouldn't sell items that give advantages to players, instead I think it would be much more appropriate to sell vanity, and perhaps potions and the like; I realize potions can give an advantage but not any permanent boosts.
What I like about the game:
- Graphics-Really nice graphics for a ftp, just about as good as you can ask for.
- Controls-The controls are nice, plenty of hotkey-shortcut options, WASD with point&click also, for when you need it.
- Talents and skills etc: They give you a plethora of build options with tons of skills and such, for most classes.
- Daily incense along with mount feed-This is great, especially for players that just can't afford to pay real money, or simply choose not to.
- Events-They usually hold some decent events, both in game, Facebook and forums. So they do give players a good chance to compete in mostly fair conditions with a few different options.
- Astral-This is both a pro and a con; Most Astral runs take ages to do and I hate being stuck out anywhere in a game that takes hours to complete. On the other hand it's quite different and can be fun, with the right group. I usually only go with guildies, few exceptions. I also like how they changed the loot, used to be you basically had to fight over it by rolling, but luckily they changed this system so now everyone can just loot the chest.
- My guild mates-They're awesome, they work hard, we have fun galore and the loyalty is just amazing.
- Piopico-One of the best GMs I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with, he does his job and does it right, while maintaining a good since of humor.
- Add-ons-They have an add-on for almost anything and the great part of these are; Allods supports them, making it an awesome addition for customization and or utility, if you will. There's an Add-on for that!
- Gibberlings-Cute as hell and hilarious emotes. Sample screenshot below.
|Gibberlings (Photo credit: Alt-x)|
- The gear upgrade system- It stinks, and is very, very repetitive. It also costs gold, and not just a little bit either.
- Astral-As stated above, both pros and cons.
- The item shop-I guess this is somewhat a pro and con also. If they would make it vanity only, with few other items as I already mentioned, it would be much better in my little bitty humble opinion.
- Random crashes-This just started recently, but has to be one of the most annoying things ever.
- Bards-Talking about an over powered class, but of course, this is yet again, another pro and con. Now, I get it, bring in a new class and you want people to play it, but jeez.. Seriously? I kind of find this more funny than I do aggravating, they'll get a nerf soon enough anyways. I sure wish I started one sooner, not because they're OP but the whole music thing grabs my attention, I've played the guitar for ever and a day, I also loved bards in other games too.
- E-peen players-You know, to be honest this doesn't bother me too badly, at times it gets annoying but after all my years of gaming, I've learned to ignore and just laugh it off. I understand some people just can't be anything in the real world so they have to be something somewhere, am I right? ;)
- Professions-They're practically useless in this game and I wish they would add some that were a bit more fun, or features such as but not limited to: Fishing, casino and other type gambling, and perhaps some mini games, that are actually in game.
For more in depth info, please visit the link below: